What's new

Scw55's Thread. Planet Coaster Calls (18-11-17)

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Pyramid Scheme

Are those Snoball Cookie Monsters eating cookies?!? At least most of the clearances shouldn't be much of a problem.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Drowning in Images. Damn Duellers.

Right. IMAGEOCALYPSE.

Here is my Duelling Tilt-Coasters; Named Sehkmet and Bastet

The theming like my previous coaster Anubis (who is also named after an Egyptian deity) is Sci-Fi Egyptian. I hope the Sci-Fi hanger openings with give a subtle hint.
I didn't want to go over-board with the Sci-Fi elements. I think the vividly coloured steel beams are enough. Also the unconventional Egyptian architecture. There are pyramids in the area, just there's also funky things as well.

Compared to my initial duelling coaster, there is a less of a sense of duelling with these two. There is a sense of conflict but it seems to be more of a 'racing' feel than actual aggression. There are interaction elements, but the timing is more relaxed. This is a casual duelling coaster.

I did find the lack of big elements with this Coaster type's tool kit frustrating. The tilt-coaster type naturally prefers a big initial drop, but the only element available to 'soak up' the initial velocity are Zero-G Rolls and man Air-Time hills which can get dull quickly with used excessively. Any more interesting elements either must be taken with such intensity or must be elevated high-up. Breaks can be used but it some-what chops up the flow. The Wingriders for example had the luxury of Diving Loops and Over-banked Turns. All I had was hope that the riders wouldn't die.

Picture times!

Shot0000.jpg

Shot0001.jpg

Shot0002.jpg

Shot0003.jpg

Shot0004.jpg

Shot0005.jpg

Shot0006.jpg

Shot0007.jpg

Shot0008.jpg

Shot0009.jpg

Shot0011.jpg

Shot0012.jpg
Shot0013.jpg
Shot0014.jpg
Shot0015.jpg
Shot0016.jpg
Shot0017.jpg
Shot0018.jpg
Shot0019.jpg
Shot0020.jpg
Shot0021.jpg
Shot0022.jpg
Shot0023.jpg

You sure do like your damn interlocking elements.

Nice, I have just finished making a dueling tilt coaster (how bizarre?)Mines completely different though, yours is much bigger and has a theme.

Shot0108_zpsb92b2ab2.png

Shot0109_zps7310dc2b.png

But I went a lot more over-board with the supports. I was pessimistic with the support that are needed.

In fact I saw a photograph of Oblivion (Alton Towers UK)'s Holding Break element and I was horrified at how little supports were needed for that element, turn and lift-hill. It looks like it could easily fall sideways :p But I like my dedicated support use. Makes the side of the lift-hill look almost Tudor-like.

Nice coaster!

Kinda creepy, that myself, yourself and Colossus have all been making tilt coasters recently. Anyone else want to 'fess up? xD

They naturally lend themselves well to the concept of Duelling and can interact well with terrain and building construction; if you don't use the awfully gimmicky Lift-Element that looks horrid.
Also there is only one in the world, which means there is great room for imagination.

Teaser:
2013-01-19_00002.jpg

Guess the coaster type :D

To be fair you have a 50% chance of being correct. Same as my last teaser...

And the clue for the IRL coaster that was used as reference; M. Which doesn't narrow it down at all :D

Flying coaster, reference is Manta.

:( u r rite. But yeah, instead of a sexy banked swoop over water.... it's a terrifying swoop against a rock face. I'm having "fun" wrestling with clipping.

On the plus side I am enjoying making "key holes" for the flier. I think that's a shame that no one bothered building a horrifying Flier instead of a thrilling one. They lends themselves perfectly to terrain hugging.

Wow! Extremely impressive, and I can't wait to see the rest of the layout. Looks beautiful, and as long as there isn't surplus speed coming into the in-line.

Inspired by this? Or just coincidence?

happyvalley_34_149.jpg

%E6%B0%B4%E6%99%B6%E7%A5%9E%E7%BF%BC.jpg

I'd love to see water interaction of some sort too. I need to make something reminiscent of this one day...

Loving the theme,idea and execution of the park too.

I have seen the PoV of that ride; Crystal wings and I thought it was beautiful. It wasn't consciously inspired. I just thought, Nemesis+Manta = Scraping your face against rocks.

My theming will be more crude since I am not that experienced with using ShyGuy's rocks.

The In-line is after a banked helix which is after a drop which is after a mid-section breaking. So the speed won't be awful.

The first half is meant to be very 'flying' and the last half is quite intense rock=scraping.

The colour pallet is so that the supports look like they're "rock". The primary colour is Orange because I don't have an orange coaster yet. I wanted it to set apart. I chose Midnight Purple because it's not conventional. Normally if you wanted a contrasting colour you use Blue. This is not-blue but has almost the same contrast. Thus it looks edgey.

The theme is that this Coaster is just a flying creature flying about its habitat which will be a desert region. Nothing sinister.

And sadly I can never add water. The two parks which got corrupted (my Intamin Contest Volcanic Entry and Arabic park) had two things in common. I added water during the last session. Somehow, the water does something. It's fine on small parks. But on a large scale it's deadly. So I will never use water which does grieve me.

I did use water on my Snowy-Hell park but it wasn't much and the park wasn't big.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Ssh. Spoilers.

Small update. Because RCT3 crashed before I got round to screenshotting more teasers.

2013-01-25_00001.jpg

What could this be?

I've got some swell things in the works. Maybe another time when I get a chance to RCT3 I will have something substantial to show you.
Same Theme Park mind you.
-
Another teaser:
2013-01-26_00001.jpg

What could this be?
To give you a clue, the real life Coaster this resembles the most... TS.
Another clue, a certain constant in this park will also help.
This is unique.

Unrelated, this Coaster's name is Set. The Evil Egyptian God. Perhaps that's another clue.

The Smiler?

In which case, I doubt you'll finish it by March,since construction seems to have progressed little,but the more prodigious issue is over whether or not it will have OTSRs! :--D

The Swarm?

Short and sweet!

If not, you've got me completely bemused,which I assume was your initial intention!

It's loosely inspired by The Smiler as in fact you don't know what you heard about what happens on the inside is true or not.
I think I said too much already.

-
Finished it. I'm going to start using Secret Weapons as a tag like a certain Theme Park for rides which posses why I even made this thread to begin with. Rides which are odd. Either a strange CTR which I've played with or odd use of track sections to create something more bizarre than what I normally do.

My Duelling Coasters and the Swinging Minekart project joins this list. But, now lets add one more.

Set

A god-knows type Coaster. Steel and it inverts. That is sure. It has 11 Inversions. Also about 40% under-cover.

Piccies!

2013-01-28_00001.jpg

Station. I wanted something more like a temple. I wanted something drastically different.

2013-01-28_00002.jpg

What lies underneath?

2013-01-28_00003.jpg

First drop. Into the valley of the Obelisks. This section of track was very open-plan and high. I didn't like the area being barren. So I build some Obelisks to reflect the height and to add peril to the area. Also marries well to the duelling Batwingcobra-roll area of my Duelling Tilters.

2013-01-28_00004.jpg

2013-01-28_00005.jpg

2013-01-28_00006.jpg

Up a Pyramid.

2013-01-28_00007.jpg

Mid point. Gets compact from now on.

2013-01-28_00008.jpg

Batwing with thingy bob.

2013-01-28_00009.jpg

Overbanking in a viewing case. Like my duelling Wingrider.

2013-01-28_00010.jpg

Finale, Helai of doom.

2013-01-28_00011.jpg

Trauma has ended.

I haven't shown everything. You need a POV to see. The God which this coaster is named after was evil. So I reflected that in the layout and elements.
I use the grids to help me construct supports. Very useful.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Maw (and what I've done)

This is a two-part post/update.
First part will focus on Maw. The second part is an overview of what I have done in the park.

So lets start of with Maw.
Heavily inspired by Oblivion and Krake. Unfortunately I was using the default Dive Machine so I didn't have access to Dive-Loops. I made do. Like most Dive Machines it's short and sweet.
However, as you will see in the following screenshots I added something. You might recognise the theme from a teaser I posted previously.

2013-01-31_00001.jpg

2013-01-31_00002.jpg

The Big Vertical Drop, straight down into the gullet of some submerged beast. Could this be the same beast that was in conflict with itself? Yes it is. It turns out that the mentally-divided beast had a third personality, who was very stable.
But hang on...? Isn't its tentacles the same as some of the rock of this planet?

2013-01-31_00003.jpg

Exit.
Both ends are mouths. Before you start thinking to leave/enter via the anus.

2013-01-31_00004.jpg

2013-01-31_00005.jpg

Super fun Bloody Vertical Loop time.

The area isn't complete. Those are just the set pieces I wanted to finish first. I am undecided how to theme the station. Sci-Fi building or cave? The Duelling Wingriders had a Sci-Fo building because the 'creature' was being restrained. This 'creature' aspect is very much unrestrained. Perhaps a compromise of a station that has been ravaged...

Now for the image marathon, Park Overview!

There are a lot of projects I've done in this park which I haven't shown yet... Either they are incomplete or they're not exactly heralds-worth. To keep things interesting, here's a screenshot of a future Secret Weapon. A Fly-Free.

2013-01-31_00015.jpg

They do exist. They are meant to be a thrilling-family ride. They're a Wing-rider Swining Coaster. The layout of the real-life example seems to consist of a lot of banked turns and no steep sections. It's entirely helix and corner sections. A inline twist is used for 'lie to fly' transitions. This is far-out from the main park, so I might theme that area as a secluded base. Since it's a mountainous region the coasters will be very terrain based.

2013-01-31_00006.jpg

2013-01-31_00007.jpg

Ancient Civilisation region.

2013-01-31_00008.jpg

Bio-dome region and Terra-Volt with Maw.

2013-01-31_00009.jpg

Duelling Wingriders which I forgot what I named it.

2013-01-31_00011.jpg

B&M Flying Coaster.

2013-01-31_00013.jpg

Family Region.

2013-01-31_00014.jpg

Very incomplete Mining Region.

Note because these were taken far-out that some scenery will have been lost.

A park filled almost exclusively with coasters haha. It's reminding me of some of the crazy RCT1 scenarios requiring upwards of 10+ coasters of a certain caliber.

The only thing I don't get about Maw is the name. Whenever I think of "Maw," I think of Maw and Paw's at Great America in Yukon Territory. :lol: