What's new

The Games we play...

Sands of Time was tosh. It had piss poor camera, dodgy controls and a completely sheeeite story.

It doesn't deserve to lick the dust off either Team Ico games.

I haven't kept it up advertising it because I have too much else on my plate to manage it at the moment. New CF site built, or cut and paste about a game... The former is more important - but not by much, they are superb games after all :)

I been playing Red Dead Redemption recently, my brothers had it for months but I just never got round to playing it so I finally started playing it when I was bored the other day snowed in.

I can't remember what people said about it on here but the game is just incredible, the attention to detail and everything is so immersive you literally are taken back to the wild west and feel like a cow boy, its just a pleasure to play and im enjoying every minute.

furie said:
Sands of Time was tosh. It had piss poor camera, dodgy controls and a completely sheeeite story.

If you're going to diss Sands of Time at least use the only part of it that is actually tosh - the combat. The combat, oh God, the combat...

It's still amazing, so, you can be quiet :p

And Red Dead Redemption is absolutely amazing. You'll have to let us know what you think at the end!

Played the demo for Amnesia yesterday. Loved it and loved the atmosphere. My computer barely runs it though.
It only ran it when I put all the settings on low and had it on window mode on the smallest window.
Shame my computer is so ****. I'd love to play the full game with all the graphics on high and on fullscreen.

The only annoying thing is when the screen goes all funny when you stay out the light for too long or see an enemy. It's more annoying than unnerving when the screen goes all wobbly. Still a great game and wish I could play the full version. :(

In other news I've been playing the original Driver on my iPod Touch. It's exactly the same as the PS1 version except the colours and graphics have been spruced up so it looks even better on the iPod. The best thing was that it's free on the App Store. :)

Ben said:
furie said:

If you're going to diss Sands of Time at least use the only part of it that is actually tosh - the combat. The combat, oh God, the combat...

It's still amazing, so, you can be quiet :p

I never got as far as any combat, because the game had failed to be int he slightest bit good in any way shape or form before that point. So it was sent away in disgrace.

In its defence, I do hate platform games. I hate 3D platform games especially. Even worse than 3D platform games, are 3D platform games with combat - they're like the utter pits.

I've only ever liked one... Ico. So it must really be THAT good :)

nealbie said:
Random Crash Bandicoot sesh! <3

Whatever unexpected PSOne game will it be next?! :lol:

Crash Bandicoot <3 (pre wrath of cortex)

I remeber when I used to go over to my friends house to play Crash Bash, Fun times

*Nostalgia's*

Ollie said:
The only annoying thing is when the screen goes all funny when you stay out the light for too long or see an enemy. It's more annoying than unnerving when the screen goes all wobbly.

That's turned waaaaaay up for the demo, so you can see the feature, basically. The idea, of course, is for you to not be able to look at the monsters. Works a charm later on!

Also the bit where you can't touch the water is crazy. There's no way to know that until you just get killed. Also where you had to throw the body meat to stop the creature attracting you while you opened the door didn't work. I threw all the body parts in but as soon as I got in the water to turn the crank it ran over and attacked me lol. I think on the 5th go it got as bored as me so just didn't seem to appear in the room at all lol.
Would still love to play the full game. That's what I don't like about PC games. You have to have all the right stuff and a decent computer to play most games. Whereas on console you know you're going to get a game and it's going to work fine in it's full glory.

Would love Amnesia to be on console even though you said it wouldn't work. I don't see how it can't. Even in bits with opening and closing doors you could do by slowly moving the analogue stick. Same with winding wheels and levers you could do with a circular motion of the joystick.

Keyword for Amnesia:

Immersion.

The motions you'd make with the analog stick wouldn't be as effective as the mouse. You might get away with it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiDPT04f6rA[/youtube]

Should be of interest to you consolites :p

Ollie said:
Would love Amnesia to be on console even though you said it wouldn't work. I don't see how it can't. Even in bits with opening and closing doors you could do by slowly moving the analogue stick. Same with winding wheels and levers you could do with a circular motion of the joystick.

Like I said, the biggest problem is the cost of developing for it - it's free for PC and definitely not for consoles. I'm sure they could /make/ it work, they just aren't a big enough studio to do it yet.

What I was saying was that the control scheme is more transparent with a mouse/keyboard than it is with a joystick, for me. It's just more intuitive, probably because I'm just more used to it. Amnesia is all about you creating who that character is based on your own opinions and actions, and make decisions about what's going on in the backstory - are you a good guy or a bad guy? I just thought that was another case for not using a pad over the 1:1 you get with a mouse.

God I want to play Amnesia so much, I wish I had a better computer :(

Everything that I've heard about it sounds amazing, but, the demo won't even work on my laptop booo!

I was close to convincing a guy to let me play it on his computer, but, then he turned into a knob...

^ It does look good but not coming out until November 2011 :( although at first I thought it was 11th January but then remembered the yanks write the date stupidly :lol:

Anyway today I dusted off and fired up my N64 for a good old play on Goldeneye after seeing Ian's signature I felt like playing it :lol: still good fun and im getting the new Wii version for Christmas, seen good reviews for it although im not expecting much of it which is probably the way to go.

Also just as a quick side note on Youtube I was watching reviews by someone called classic game room and he reviews really old and cool games which is quite fun to watch just to pass some time so check it out. I enjoyed it anyway..

Why is Silent Hill 2 so praised, it's crap?

OK, I might need to spend more time with it, but, seriously... Walking through endless fog having to hold square to move anywhere fast with no idea how to actually get anywhere important is NOT my idea of fun!

I hope Fahrenheit is better when I play that later...

(yeah, bought a PS2 today at last)