What's new

Thorpe Fright Nights 2012

Although Experiment 10 was awesome I really should've taken their warnings about claustrophobia more seriously, I was totally panicking in the 'booth' and tunnel. So...judging by how they're describing this new one I should definitely avoid this one.

Damn. Stupid claustrophobia :(

Part of me goes omg yes I'd love to do it then I remind myself that thus is Thorpe and I just cant imagine them doing anything effectively! I was seriously impressed when I did Experiment 10 last year, then was left quite embarrassed when I revisited because I'd hyped it up to everyone and what Thorpe executed on my second go was poor at best :/ I'll wait for the reviews on this one before shelling out £3.

^ bagged and tagged is a reference to secret services militarey etc where you have a black bag put over ur head and cable tied hands together.

Finally, a large event at a major destination is catching up with the rest of the industry. So glad to see this happening.

I really hope they theme this maze in more detail. I know it's a long shot, it being at Thorpe, but i'm paying at least £3 so I want something good!

I was wondering this the other night about if you are actually spending the whole maze/experince with a bag over your head. Because if you are, many people are probably going to be pissed lol. might aswell do it at home with the misses or well other half ;) lol

I think/hope you'll only have it on between some scenes... For added disorientation etc maybe?

I very much doubt it'll literally be a bag over your head.

You know, because of the risk of casual asphyxiation.

^Other attractions have done it before. Heck. A couple of months ago there was an attraction that water-boarded people going through and shut them in coffins.

Tulleys had one last year (Hell-ements) where you spent the whole maze with a sack over your head and had to hold a rope to find your way around while they had stuff like fire, water, air blasts and actors going off around you.

It won't be a normal bag. It's more of a sack made from a black cloth material.
Like Mark said, it's about time a large event like Fright Nights caught up with the rest of the industry. Ideas like this have been done for the past couple of years.

^ blag bagging has become very much apparent over the past few years in haunts etc a few in the uk an many in America it has also been present in the zombie days an nights out etc. binding contracts can come into it when u sign or pay for somthing eg why I'm suspecting this is why it is a pay maze an not a freebie!! Obviously their will be the obligatory h&s spiel an all an also you will be surrounded by actors an ride ops etc etc who would of been trained especially for this maze so imho I can't see a problem obviously their are the what ifs an what could be's an all but if you were scared of those then you wouldn't be paying up front for the experience where as some people are 50/50 on free mazes an go meh sod it I will do it an then bottle it half way through or less an then sometimes end up ruining it an maybe even endangering peOples safety at the same time so I can see this being safe, fun an well whatever you want to say.

Hope that all made sense in the madness, also sorry for any typo's I'm on my mob writing this lol

Ollie said:
^Other attractions have done it before. Heck. A couple of months ago there was an attraction that water-boarded people going through and shut them in coffins.

Water boarding is illegal under international law, so somehow I doubt this is true.

Like Mark said, it's about time a large event like Fright Nights caught up with the rest of the industry. Ideas like this have been done for the past couple of years.

Thorpe won't "catch up" with any small events because of who they are. They're not going to do anything as extreme as smaller places, because they have a wider audience to think about.

It's like films. You're going to see much more "art" in independent films than in Hollywood blockbusters.

Basically, I'd stop jizzing yourself that Thorpe is going to beat some event that only you and Lofty give a **** about.

Granted thorpe will never out beat any pure scare park not will they beat their older sisters in the US, but as said before it is a step in the right direction whatever they do. Look at experiment 10. The only thing Thorpe will never really be able to do is scare zones they tried it before an went to complete pot!!! This will be hectic an hopefully hit all senses but alas we all just have to sit back an wait an see!!!

They'll just deal with it the same way every single other attraction of this intense nature does; Sign a form, Hear a Speach, See a visual set of rules. Done.

Ben said:
Ollie said:

Water boarding is illegal under international law, so somehow I doubt this is true.

It was a FORM of water boarding Ollie, it wasn't the full torture technique for the reason Ben stated.

Basically, I'd stop jizzing yourself that Thorpe is going to beat some event that only you and Lofty give a **** about.

Huh? I never mentioned a small event in particular. If you look at Alone at HowlOScream (Tampa), that started a lot of this 'Intense' spate of attraction's and that's far from a small event.

Lofty said:
They'll just deal with it the same way every single other attraction of this intense nature does; Sign a form, Hear a Speach, See a visual set of rules. Done.

You genuinely think Thorpe would do this?

Or will this be like the forms you have to sign when you ride Th13teen...

Huh? I never mentioned a small event in particular. If you look at Alone at HowlOScream (Tampa), that started a lot of this 'Intense' spate of attraction's and that's far from a small event.

No, but I know if I'd said "a small event only Ollie cares about", you'd have been in here like a shot going "OH I CARE!"

Well, you're meant to do two out of three of the conditions I've mentioned at ANY Scare Attraction. Usually its just a board with the "Rules" on and a speech by a staff worker, I'm sure Thorpe do this?

Ha, god no, I wouldn't have said "OH I CARE", as long as the events I'm involved in run smoothly, that's all I care about. Ha.

Ben said:
They've done it at the Blackout Haunted house in New York and Project Fear in the UK did it as well. Before you went in you signed a form basically allowing them to do anything to you including being subject to simulated torture/interrogation techniques. So it wasn't real water boarding but like Mark said it was a form of it.

Ben said:
Thorpe won't "catch up" with any small events because of who they are. They're not going to do anything as extreme as smaller places, because they have a wider audience to think about.
They did Experiment 10 last year and that got great reviews from guests who loved that Thorpe were doing something different with their mazes by splitting up the group and having different paths in the maze. Plus the fact that they're doing something different again with this new maze shows that they're trying to create new and unique experiences that hasn't been done at a British theme park before.

Ben said:
Lofty said:
You genuinely think Thorpe would do this?
They made people fill in forms before E10 didn't they? I think it was just to find out if they're able to crawl through small spaces to decide which route they will take, but still. If they've done forms before there's no reason why they can't here. You know that Thorpe are quite strict on having huge information boards outside the mazes saying what it contains and giving health warnings as well. And then after that they still inform the group of the rules and stuff before they go in.

Either way I wish I could make it to the event this year. Would love to do the new maze. Damn trains being so expensive lol. :p

Ollie said:
Ben said:
They've done it at the Blackout Haunted house in New York and Project Fear in the UK did it as well. Before you went in you signed a form basically allowing them to do anything to you including being subject to simulated torture/interrogation techniques. So it wasn't real water boarding but like Mark said it was a form of it.

Ollie, splashing water in someone's face is NOT the same as waterboarding.

Much like, this would be "simulated" black bags over the face, not real ones.

Which was the original point.

Thorpe are not going to be as edgy as a niche Haunted House in New York, so put the Kleenex away.