What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Same here, we have also holded off going to Alton this year because of this coaster.

I too havent have not been at all this year, but this is mainly due to saving it for Scarefest as opposed to waiting on SW7.
I like the secretive mood though, it atleast keeps it a mystery for a little while, I`m also completely blinded by GateKeeper, so not knowing too much and not having to try and find out more about SW7 is not really a big deal.

Looking at another pov of oblivion, that hole is quite deep indeed.

Ob2.jpg

And also, what happened to Oblivion's restraints? I've never seen them like that before.

Ob1.jpg

Screenshots taken from this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6sAyTFUgzc

I went this year so can't see us going again next year so it will be a while til i get to ride it & their might even be another by then, like this year i hadn't been in so long i had 3 new coasters to ride, Air, Th13teen & Rita. cool)

the king said:
And also, what happened to Oblivion's restraints? I've never seen them like that before.
There was a report yesterday that Merlin are considering banning people with spray tans because it damages the seats. But I assumed this was bollocks (the banning part, for sure - I mean, they'd lose most of their customers!)

Ethan said:
^ Who rides a coaster half naked away?

Have you seen Alton's majority custom during the Sun newspaper deals? Scratch that, during the summer?

Twister Zone said:
I went this year so can't see us going again next year so it will be a while til i get to ride it & their might even be another by then, like this year i hadn't been in so long i had 3 new coasters to ride, Air, Th13teen & Rita. cool)

Did you not get Sonic Spinball then?

Back on topic, I had no idea the size of that hole, :shock:

The restraints on Oblivion have been looking awful for years. If only they'd increase the entry price and charge extra for the Scarefest mazes, they might be able to afford to refurbish them.

That hole is BIG. B-I-G. Ok, little more excited now.

That hole is a lot deeper than I thought. Anyone know of any other pics of the all of the site from top of oblivion

Weren't those design specs (the two that showed vertical and horizontal views of the layout) depicting this ride to be in a gigantic ditch. Sorry haven't been keeping up on this. Mud is an enthusiast's secret lover, the bigger the better <3

The park tweeted the date "20/08/2012" followed by "#watchthisspace" about four hours ago.

I guess we'll learn a bit more on Monday.

EDIT: Just been informed on Twitter than it's likely to be Scarefest related. #gash

bmac said:
Weren't those design specs (the two that showed vertical and horizontal views of the layout) depicting this ride to be in a gigantic ditch
Sort of. One end of the coaster is on a lower level than the other - you enter X-Sector at the top of a hill and make your way down to Oblivion and Submission at the moment. The hole that's been dug goes deeper than the bottom of the hill, and wasn't shown on the plans.

Robbie said:
bmac said:
Weren't those design specs (the two that showed vertical and horizontal views of the layout) depicting this ride to be in a gigantic ditch
Sort of. One end of the coaster is on a lower level than the other - you enter X-Sector at the top of a hill and make your way down to Oblivion and Submission at the moment. The hole that's been dug goes deeper than the bottom of the hill, and wasn't shown on the plans.

Ah, that explains it. A person doesn't quite understand a park until they go there themselves, no matter how many pictures and videos they gawk at.

Colossus said:
Twister Zone said:

Did you not get Sonic Spinball then?
Oh yeah, i did. Looks like it was 4 then. :--D

Here are some recent pictures (NOT TAKEN BY ME) of the site. And judging from the hole and markers, I pressume that part of the ride will be going under the exit of the building.

P1130079-1.jpg

P1130085-1.jpg

P1130098.jpg

P1130092.jpg

P1130090.jpg

Pictures taken by Rob on Towersstreet forums.
Link:http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/future-discussion/secret-weapon-7-construction-discussion/180/

I saw on a forum, either this one or Tower Times that the hole is likely going to be foundation for th station (Thirt13tween) had one apparently.

But with my none existent knowledge of building, it is a substantial hole...
Though if I keep thinking it's foundations for the station, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is something extra.

The plans showed the rides "odd batwing thing" below ground, so I'd assume it had something to do with that, but I don't know?

I wish the layout of this coaster didn't have to be shown... Would have been so much more exciting </3

Just realised... you don't need foundations for shipping containers anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.