What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

owenrita121 said:
I think people will start to get excited when we see track, as then we may be able to find out what the ride is going to do

We know the whole layout (minus anything that might possibly be in the station building), we are 90% sure on manufacturer, so pretty much know how it will ride. So apart from the few details left to be revealed, we know what 'it is going to do'.

I'm mostly looking forward to see what the horror maze at scarefest has to offer, in other to see what possible hint it could give as to what SW7 could be about, other than a old human test facility.

Difference between this and Thirteen: We know this is going to be a proper stomach churning thrill ride.

We knew Thirteen would be on the tame side, but with all the ridiculous hype coming from Alton (it was probably the most hyped up a coaster has ever been) a few of us were wondering what was actually going to happen inside that crypt.

Anyway, to say that Thirteen is the best coaster at Alton shows that you must be a bit of pansy when it comes to rides.

Smithy said:
owenrita121 said:
Tbh I think the only great coaster at the park is Thi3teen and even that's isn't very good compaired to other parks.

Not even sure where to start with that tbh.

I mean, I could go on and question why you don't seem to rate Nemesis/Oblivion higher than it.

Or I could point out that you have Rita in your username.

Instead I'll deal with the first part of your post; Alton get an awful lot of criticism (at least in recent years) from enthusiasts for 'over-hyping' a ride. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. If anything, it highlights the strength of their marketing department if they're able to generate such a high level of expectation for a ride that something that is ''decent'' is deemed as a let down. Alton clearly work to exceptional standards, at least in the eyes of enthusiasts, and so any ride that falls below this is deemed as disappointing.
The reason I don't like Oblivion is that It's just to short, I always get thinking, was that it. An with Nemesis I do like, but I just find Thi3teen more Re-rideable and I just enjoy it more.

The reason I have Rita in my name is becasue, I liked rita at the time.

^ ... You joined CF 9 months ago. Rita was terrible back then too.

Anyway. Yeah i'm sure this coaster will be meh, so at least it won't stick out from the rest of the rides.

Uncle Arly said:
we are 90% sure on manufacturer, so pretty much know how it will ride.
More like 10%, remember all that points towards Gerstlauer is one line buried deep in the noise report.

owenrita121 said:
The reason I don't like Oblivion is that It's just to short, I always get thinking, was that it. An with Nemesis I do like, but I just find Thi3teen more Re-rideable and I just enjoy it more.

Oblivion is too short but you have Stealth as an avatar.

You confuse me :(

I appreciate you may just find Thirteen tamer, more enjoyable to ride and ride and ride, but you must understand that the majority on here will find the great rides to be the ones mentioned previously?

Smithy said:
owenrita121 said:

Oblivion is too short but you have Stealth as an avatar.

You confuse me :(

I appreciate you may just find Thirteen tamer, more enjoyable to ride and ride and ride, but you must understand that the majority on here will find the great rides to be the ones mentioned previously?
I won't to change my avatar to Shambhala anyway. :)

I do understand why people like Nemesis and Oblivion, but Nemesis is getting ather rough now and tends to give me a hedache after only a few rides.
Don't get me wrong, I love big rides, with Khan and The Swarm bing in my top 5, I like rides what you can go on 10 times in a row, without getting a headache. :)

Idlewild said:
Uncle Arly said:
More like 10%, remember all that points towards Gerstlauer is one line buried deep in the noise report.

Plus recent purchases within the company, the type of elements shown in the plans, etc.

I hope it's an X-car but to be honest, I really don't care.

Uncle Arly said:
Idlewild said:
Uncle Arly said:

Plus recent purchases within the company, the type of elements shown in the plans, etc.
The layout is all wrong for a euro fighter capacity wise. Someone on towers times worked out that Eurofighter cars on this layout would only work out at a capacity of 800 people per hour and there is nothing Alton towers can do about that.

Personally I think we are looking at an intamin blitz coaster, it just seems like a closer fit.

Oh god please don't dig up the whole manufacturer argument again.

Leave it dead and buried until the track arrives or the announcement is made.

Idlewild said:
The layout is all wrong for a euro fighter capacity wise. Someone on towers times worked out that Eurofighter cars on this layout would only work out at a capacity of 800 people per hour and there is nothing Alton towers can do about that.

Personally I think we are looking at an intamin blitz coaster, it just seems like a closer fit.

I never once said it would be a Eurofighter. Gerstlauer do produce other models. Besides, this could have a new type of car/train.

First Bobsled model with a vertical lift!?

Didn't Maurer come up with that X-Train design?

Alton are about due another B&M as its been ten years since. As for the tussauds group, its been 8 years.

Its not like they have a written contract with B&M to purchase a ride from them every so many years, but for a once very frequent customer, sales are indeed lacking. Its not like they don't have available funds either. ThFAILteen cost £15,000,000, about £5,000,000 more than the average decent B&M invert.

However if rumors are true that the Mourn-a-son is due to leave the park, the replacement for this would be quite limited due to space. But perhaps im wrong

^The most likely reason why alton don't have a recent B&M, is because B&M create coasters which contain a world's first element in the design of the train. They don't really create mechanically challenging world's firsts as INTAMIN or any of the other manufacturers. So in these times, maybe it has been hard for them to create a new train design. John wardley mainly has interests in creating at the moment, I pressume, compact coasters which contain world's firsts in the sense of large mechanical portions. I pressume if he does come up with a new train design, then possibly we will be seeing a B&M at Alton towers. And concerning the Tussauds group, they were bought out by Merlin.

Also a little update. I think merlin have forgotten they are building a ride and are trying to gain a world record for the deepest hole in the world.

304887_10152047806410398_1170996564_n.jpg

Picture taken from the Towersstreet facebook page.

Is that photo taken with the big wooden fence down? or is the camera over the top of the fence??

Looking at the picture, it looks as if the fence is down and surely that means that they would have had to close X sector? I do not remember there being any pathway on the edge of the hole when i went on the first week of august

I think they moved the fence back, since the old fence posts are there. I didn't take the photo so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.