What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

...and back wheels are confirmed, too.

Looks nice. Weird colors/colours, but looks nice.

Is there a video showing it testing anywhere?
For some reason, I'm not able to view that image ...

Yeah, the colours are weird. It's almost as if they intentionally picked colours which look cheap. That's weird.

There's a hard hat tour media day type thing going on with a few enthusiast invites tomorrow (Thursday), so we should be seeing/knowing a lot more soon!

I actually do want to think that the color scheme is on purpose. As awkward as the entire train looks to me, I think the colors were chosen to look softer, as I was saying before with the appearance of a matte finish, and I like that they did that.

Oh it's definitely intentional, and Busch have a history of picking weird colours. But these aren't the usual kind of weird. :p They have, in the past, mostly gone with things to make their rides look softer, yeah... But I don't think these do. If anything, they are exciting and vibrant colours.

The colors themselves (orange, light green, and purple [I'm assuming]) are bright in a sense but the finish makes them less vibrant and fit in better with the older car theme that they have going. I think it's fitting for the attraction (if not somewhat out-of-place for Busch Gardens)

^ that video was awesome. It gave the theming/story behind the coaster more in depth. They also said they were right on schedule because now that they have installed all the track, they have to work on all the theming. Can't wait!

They said there is no expirience like it in North America. That is true. There are no drop tracks in NA. However there are two now (or soon not sure if the one at Legoland(it was legoland right) is done yet) in europe

Watch the video, they claim that the free-fall drop has never been done before.

^They say it doesn't exist anywhere. Then they say anywhere in North America at least. It's a he said she said as it's 2 different people. who said so. If that makes sense

Apparently the last drop that goes through the broken bridge will have some sort of stalling effect ....
I dont know how I feel about that, because this drop looks like in order for it to be really amazing, it would be better to have the trains fly over them and get some nice, crazy airtime. If there is a holding effect I dont think it would be that good - I mean, its not really a huge drop, so if a train slowly crested it, I dont think the result would be overly exciting or amazing.
Then again, is 'really exciting and amazing' what this coaster is aiming for?
I dont know, I can't seem to really classify it - it seems to have the potential of being more than a family fun roller coaster and heading more into the thrilling sort of catgeory ...
Just some thoughts I had ....
Who thinks the drop would be better off with a stalling effect or if it went flying over? like cyclops?

^They were discussing this on the BGWfans forums. I don't remember whether it was in the leaked plans or just someones hopes, but someone said it was a you "slam the brakes to try to stay on the bridge. You think you're safe and than the bridge breaks and down you go." kind of thing. Which would be cool with sound effects and the works. If they're going for a themed ride like they are with Verbolten I'd like them to go the whole 9 yards

Wish they had a small, hinged tilt track in that bridge to complete the effect.

^ To be honest, it wouldn't really add much, simply for the fact that the train would stop, tilt, wait, then move. It'd just kind of be pointless in this situation, whereas drops are completely different, when the "drop" has happened, people are still recovering from it, and don't notice the wait before moving on, I just think for the tilting, it'd not be worthy in the outdoor bridge section.

Busch are claiming it's the first true free-fall drop on a coaster, like UC said. It's the first time they've openly mentioned the drop "publicly".

I think it's interesting that they've not really hidden much from enthusiasts at all - they know they can't, and it seems they are smart enough to realise that.

I have heard that during the hard hat tour, it was implied that they were laughing about Thirteen. It's not that they've never heard of it, they have, but they think what they are doing is superior. Merlin must agree, else why go to Zierra for their other one for Legoland? That said, Legoland operates as such a separate entity from the rest of Merlin. From what I gather, Larry Giles has made numerous suggestive comments talking down Intamin at these kind of events.

Regardless, we all know that it's not really a world's first, but if the drop is going to feel different to Thirteen's that's interesting enough for me.