What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

More of that "found nowhere else on the planet" talk in that video :| Even if the drop is different than Thirteen, this should be somewhat like the coaster for Legoland. Ah well, I really don't care. The ride should be great and it's great to get some more close-ups of the trains...looking really good

We've got an official opening date. (Hope it's not delayed)

From BG's Facebook page

"BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: The wait is over for Verbolten. Our new multi-launch, indoor/outdoor roller coaster will open Friday, May 18."

^From what I've heard it was indeed rumored to have soft openings in late April, but that as far as I've heard is just a rumor, but it's nice to finally have a "concrete" opening day.

That drop is so scenic, it looks a bit better than I thought, but I will wait for reviews.

It interests me that it almost stops on the bridge. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

The launch didn't look half bad. Should provide a great effect as long as the indoor section is themed as well as I believe it'll be.

I predict this to be an absolute hit with most riders.

^ Ouch, I hope the driver recovers.

That drop looks so lame! I wish if it did stop on the bridge, they should 'launch' it out over the drop. At least then there would be some airtime. I'm sure the back seat will be fun though...

^^I've been following that closely. I decided not to post it as it was not as bad as originally reported. The driver had a few stitches and the thing that seems the most damaged is the yellow train. The park has been citing full circuit testing as proof it was nothing major

^I believe they were going for the "are we going to fall off the bridge? oh we're safe on the edge of the bridge (sigh of relief) no No NO NO NOOOOOOO" kinda thing

Edit: The testing in the Video's has been said to NOT be at full speed. That would explain why the train nearly stops before dropping off the bridge

From the outlandish initial report to resuming testing a few hours later, I had been half wondering if this was a crazy Merlin-type PR stunt.

Nope. There was an accident it just wasn't as bad as the gents at BGWfans.com feared.

Some theming has been added:
thumbs_img_20120420_112009.jpg

thumbs_img_20120420_112319.jpg

thumbs_pano-3.jpg

...and another testing video with some great angles and all the cars running

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8sjw9f7uII&list=UUpJataS2IHP-wmxi7eQMxYQ&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Images from: http://t.co/Ihycdwnr (BGWFans.com)

I really should keep updating this thread when stuff like that comes out but I keep forgetting. Either way this looks like fun even if it's not the most thrilling looking coaster.

In other news they apparently have been testing roll backs from the second second launch to the bridge drop. I'll post the details when they come in

Coming to a complete stop like that is just going to ruin it IMO.

I had higher hopes for this, I really did, It's just kind of been let down by coming to a stop outside. It really needs to be impressive for the dark section.

I still think the coaster will be really fun, with stops or without. I love how fast, yet graceful the final turns are, mostly the two after the big drop and the turn into the final brake run. Can't wait for a POV!

If that stop point is a block section, it improves throughput.

That's never a bad thing.

We still don't know if it's running at full speed. Just throwing that out there.

Youngster Joey said:
We still don't know if it's running at full speed. Just throwing that out there.

I think it is. Look at how fast it hits the brakes at the end. I doubt it will get any faster...