What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

Ben said:
The themeing is great.

The ride will still be dire though.

That our "Everything is crap" Ben!

Still looks lovely. It's going to do it's intention. Who knows, Maverick was suppose to be just a family ride and look how that went.

Nice one Joey. Eagerly awaiting your view on how good a job Zierer has done.

This looks awesome, shame it's going to be ages until I get to ride it. You really lucked out there Joey!

Sad news my friends. According to several different reports you will NOT be picking your seat for verbolten. You will be given a card to tell you where you are sitting.

It's really rather unfortunate. It was looking so promising.

They have/had that system for Mach Tower. But it wasn't being used when I went at Christmas. Peak times only, perhaps.

^And as I remember for Mach Tower, it worked really well. And with any assigned seating, you can likely ask to be in certain rows (Like on Maverick or Diamondback).

The largest difference for Mach Tower is it's basically the same ride in every seat. Verbolten changes in different rows.

Supposedly There will be 3 seperate "stories" in the event building.

>Lightening Storm: A fierce storm will engulf the train and threaten to destroy it.

>Spirit of the Forest: A spirit will lull passengers with a pleasant-sounding voice, but then turn malevolent and attempt to ensnare them in the forest.

>Wolf Attack: In homage to the Big Bad Wolf, a red-eyed pack of creatures will stalk the train.

http://themeparks.about.com/od/rollerco ... msburg.htm

Great, now we'll be forced to ride it multiple times so we get all three stories.

The thing I'm wondering about is how they'll theme the drop at the end to fit all three storylines. Lightning, wolves, and vines are completely different things so it might be tricky.

Antinos said:
Great, now we'll be forced to ride it multiple times so we get all three stories.
You make it sound like a chore.

2012Jarrett said:
The thing I'm wondering about is how they'll theme the drop at the end to fit all three storylines. Lightning, wolves, and vines are completely different things so it might be tricky.

Are you joking? That's not hard at all. They'll have 3 separate computer synced sequences. It'll more than likely do it on a random setting, so once the signal is sent to say that a new train has left the building and another is going to enter, the lighting will switch from one to another, along with music and other effects (smoke, etc) before the next car comes along.

It really isn't hard at all to be honest. I know you meant the "drop section" art, but it's literally as simple as above, they'd had the theming of all 3 different "settings" and only one each time would activate, due to it being dark, you won't actually see the other theming for the different settings.

That's...quite brilliant. Give people a reason to ride multiple times.

I REALLY like this. Busch is thinking outside the box a little bit. And it's quite neat that they felt it was necessary to do their little homage to Big Bad Wolf :3

What ended up being the world's first element for this anyway?

Nothing. Just hyperbole.

The drop section is a first for North America, that's about it, unless they're talking about being the first coaster with three story options?