What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

I... don't get why people are complaining about the 'stopping' at the top... I mean, isn't the point of that drop supposed to be its height, the fact it goes over the river and the banking at the bottom? If so, then a stop is more than logical as it builds up a bit of tension in the riders, especially as it's a family-targeted thrill coaster.

Complaining over something which makes perfect sense, especially given the speed at the bottom of the drop already, is quite moronic and petty to be honest.

I personally think that it looks great so far! I do fear, however, after looking at the drop on the new Zierer at Legoland Denmark that it won't be as thrilling as I hoped it would. But as I've seen nothing of the drop on this so far, I can't comment much further.

^Isn't the Legoland drop smaller though?

Its a family coaster though and with lap bars it was never going to fly over that drop. Its doing what I expected it to do.

So many big coasters like Montu etc near enough stop and the mid course and no one complains about them.

Ethan said:
^Isn't the Legoland drop smaller though?

I think so. I don't know the heights and stats, but from pictures and videos of the drop on here, I think it is. But even still, I expected the drop to pack a bit more of a punch than it did. Like I said, I'll wait until I see the drop on here in action before passing any further comment, and then will see how it rides during the US Live.

^(^) It is also not in disorienting darkness. This may be the same but if it's pitch black with a bunch of noises so you don't know what's happening (you don't know about the drop track) it could be thrilling.

Okay, I think it looks like a really wonderful family coaster, but I just miss BBW so desperately when I look at this. It's a little disappointing that it slows down so much before the drop, but remember that's what BBW did too.
I'm sure this will be a big hit. It actually reminds me a lot of Whizzer at SFGAm, which is my all-time favorite family coaster.

marc said:
Its a family coaster though and with lap bars it was never going to fly over that drop. Its doing what I expected it to do.

So many big coasters like Montu etc near enough stop and the mid course and no one complains about them.

I've got to disagree on this, B&M MCBRs don't slow the train down that much:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FN3_XELD44[/youtube]

I agree with what ciall said on the previous page, almost stopping before the drop builds a lot of tension for it. Also it has a lot of speed considering the size of the turn so if it went straight through I think it would be a little too fast. I personally think this looks pretty awesome at the moment, as I've said before I'm looking forward to see how people compare it to Thirteen.

Official test video including drop...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFwKaEcpLI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Wow, that video has now made me excited about this coaster, hurray.

Wow.

That drop zone <3

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The themeing is great.

The ride will still be dire though.

Lol yup.

I think the 300 words I had to write along with it sold it though. The quote is because I don't drive. I told them I'm more used to transportation by bus and black cab. Lmao.

When do you get to the US for media day lol. Long flight. I assume ECG is going to media day as well right?

Dunno. I fly out on May 8th, just happened to be around at the time so thought I'd go for it. :)