What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zi

Well, If you want to think way outside the box, It is the Worlds first replacement of BBW :p

I really like the stripe of yellow on the blue train, plus it's a pretty stunning blue in my opinion.

Somebody took a video on the ride! It's not from the front, the camera's a tad shaky, but a POV's a POV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veuaucDlM1A[/youtube]

It looks pretty awesome to be honest. I thought the effects in the event building would be cheesy and such and they weren't. The drop track seemed very well done, and that drop into the Rhine looks SICK. Can't wait to possibly ride it!

^You beat me to it. People are saying they are getting light-headed around a bunch of the turns but are enjoying it none the less.

I'm seriously impressed. The event building gave me goosebumbs just watching it. Like you said it wasn't cheesy at all, woah!

Really, really impressed so far...

Wow! It looks fantastic. Sure it may not be all that thrilling, but it still looks amazing fun. That event building looks simply amazing and that launch into darkness must be a hell of a fun launch.

Hmm... I couldn't actually see much in the ride building in that...

Kinda thought it was a waste of time watching that, but I'm hearing good reviews from the soft opening from other people, too.

It looks like a fun coaster, a good solid ride, but I think it's far from "Amazing" that people are saying above.

I think it looks great. Not a "big thrill" like Alpie, but a good, solid addition to the park's lineup

This looks like a very enjoyable ride. And nothing more, and that's perfectly fine with me, because that's makes it amazing!

Really, it just looks like one of those rides where you just take your seat and enjoy it.
It looks to be cruising through that environment, and I love it!

Also, the length of the ride is top notch! Just like Cheetah Hunt!

Seems like a nice fusion of family coaster and dark ride. And I'm sure no video will do the indoor section justice simply because the theming is going to be hard to capture in that dark setting. Looks better than I was expecting. I don't think this can/should really be compared to Cheetah Hunt. Cheetah Hunt may not be the most intense coaster, but it is meant to thrill. Also, Verbolten is significantly shorter and varies for many other reasons as well.

reddude333 said:
Seems like a nice fusion of family coaster and dark ride. And I'm sure no video will do the indoor section justice simply because the theming is going to be hard to capture in that dark setting. Looks better than I was expecting. I don't think this can/should really be compared to Cheetah Hunt. Cheetah Hunt may not be the most intense coaster, but it is meant to thrill. Also, Verbolten is significantly shorter and varies for many other reasons as well.

Erh, if you were refering to me, I, as you can see in my post, only compared the length of the ride with Cheetah Hunt. It may be technically shorter, but it feels just as long as Cheetah Hunt to me, probably because of the fairly large indoor part.

Yeah, the indoor part was much longer than I suspected (at least in terms of time spent inside). But the fact that Cheetah Hunt is faster plays a role in how long the coaster "feels" to you so it's not completely irrelevant to your claim. Plus it's no small difference in lengths...we're talking Cheetah Hunt is almost twice as long.

HD front seat...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZ6UaFYBYE[/youtube]

Back seat, but it makes it sound/look more intense!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ejErunmWnY&feature=related[/youtube]

I want to watch those.. but seeing as I'll be riding it in 3 weeks.. I'll keep it a surprise.

Not sure who has posted the bit on the home page, but the event building only has 3 "shows" and the color of the train doesn't determine it according to several people who rode it during the weekend.

^ It'll more than likely be on just a random computerised setting, think of ToT and how that runs, where it's just a random choice picked by a computer system as to what experience you get.

^That seems to be most likely and probably the best option for maintenance reasons.

Surely it would be way, way easier to just run them in the same order continuously than to choose one at random every time?