What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

421663_10150564216573924_95469803923_9140150_1978551053_n.jpg

Wow. That's tall

431461_10150564216098924_95469803923_9140147_2014774217_n.jpg

This is an incredible view.

I'm more excited for this now.

(they are from wonderlands Facebook page)

People are complaining about this being too similar to Behemoth, yet I see 2 drop towers in those photos!

That is a good view though. :)

^ There is! There's the big bright colourful one in the first photo and the grey, not-so-noticeable one coming out the trees in the second one.

At least, there's 2 towers that look like drop towers.

I dont think there is any park that has two drop towers ....
I dont mean like Power Tower at Cedar Point or Giant Drop at Dreamworld, where there are two sides or sections ...
but I can't think of any park that has two actual different drop towers.
Its such a shame that Windseeker was been thrown into all of the CF parks ....
I think it would have been a good ride if it were at two or three of the CF parks ....
Perhaps Cedar Point, Knotts and KI ....
I just don't like having the exact same sort of ride placed in parks .... it just creates a common general feel about the ride.

And while many people probably feel this about Behemoth and Leviathan .....
Im still hoping it will ride quite different ....
faster and more forceful.
Its B&M's first Giga, so I can always hope for something different :)

^ One was the colorful, actual drop tower.
And the other one he was seeing in the second photo was Windseeker ....
its kinda grey and ugly haha.

Cedar Point HAD two drop towers with Demon Drop and Power Tower.. but DD got traded for some minor league players and cash.

They may both be towers but I can tell you they are completely different. Windseeker just spins slowly in a circle 300ft in the air, while Drop Zone(the rainbow tower) is an actual drop tower. It's like comparing a Vekoma SLC with an Inverted B&M. The only thing similar is that they are both towers above 100ft.

As much as I hate to say it Behemoth and Leviathan are more alike than the towers, though they will ride much differently.

^ Correct me if im mistaken, but a first gen. drop tower is like demon drop......
second is like giant drop at dreamworld, the drop tower featured at CW.....
and third is like the drop zone at kings dominion and kings island with the full circle the whole way around the tower.

Just wanted to make sure that was all correct....
also, CW's drop tower seems to be good enough and like UC said, a first gen intamin 'drop tower' isnt so much a tower as it is a drop ride.

Wow, sorry, so off topic.
I was wondering the other day, as to what drop will be better, between Millennium, I305 and Leviathan?
Personally, I305 is my favorite ride overall, but I like the drop on MF best. Dont get me wrong, I305's drops is wicked!!
I can imagine that an 80 degree drop from 300 feet with lap bars only (B&M Design), would be pretty amazing!
Anyone have some special insight? :)

D1993 said:
^ Correct me if im mistaken, but a first gen. drop tower is like demon drop......
second is like giant drop at dreamworld, the drop tower featured at CW.....
and third is like the drop zone at kings dominion and kings island with the full circle the whole way around the tower.

Yes, that's true. 1st Gen you end up lying on your back, the 2nd Gen is your "Generic" Intamin free fall tower & finally the 3rd Gen is a rotating fall!

D1993 said:
I dont think there is any park that has two drop towers ....
I dont mean like Power Tower at Cedar Point or Giant Drop at Dreamworld, where there are two sides or sections ...
but I can't think of any park that has two actual different drop towers.

Liseberg has two drop towers and a shot'n'drop. I have no idea why this is in the topic or what the point was trying to prove, but I thought I'd best mention it so that it's there for whatever reason it was required :)

^ Haha yeah sorry it was a little off topic.
I tried to divert it back onto topic by striking a discussion about the drop on Leviathan and how it will compare to the other gigas...
:)

-lofty- said:
Yes, that's true. 1st Gen you end up lying on your back, the 2nd Gen is your "Generic" Intamin free fall tower & finally the 3rd Gen is a rotating fall!

Not quite. The gyrodrop towers don't rotate as they fall; they just rotate slowly as they climb the tower. Well, most of them do anyway. The one at Kings Island/Dominion (can't remember which) doesn't bother to even do that.

Anyway, Leviathan looks good so far. Can't wait to ride it / Shame I'll never get to ride it etc.

gavin said:
-lofty- said:

Not quite. The gyrodrop towers don't rotate as they fall; they just rotate slowly as they climb the tower. Well, most of them do anyway. The one at Kings Island/Dominion (can't remember which) doesn't bother to even do that.

Anyway, Leviathan looks good so far. Can't wait to ride it / Shame I'll never get to ride it etc.

Yeah, I know they didn't rotate whilst falling, I just meant the 3rd Gen's are a rotating version of the 2nd Gen's, of a fashion.

I know what you mean about not bothering to rotate, the ones that also tilt at the top are a nightmare too, sometimes they don't bother either.

Trying to get back on topic,

I hope we get testing video soon. I'm interested in whether people's opinions will change when they see it running. Either becoming more excited or less excited.

Not really. We basically know how it's going to run. The thing about B&M.. they make em to be the same, regardless. The only thing I'm wondering about will be how awesome the drop will be and if the speed hill will be as crappy as Kingda Ka's or.. well.. not.