What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

New testing video shows that this thing is FLYING.

It looks like there's going to be a TON of force in the first overbank.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVHP5jRakRo[/youtube]
From "Umeris" on CWMania

The hills will be the usual B&M airtime - which I have no problem with.
The other bits look like they will be more intense than the usual B&M Hyper!! (drop, overbanks)

Re: Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Snoo said:
Have you been next to Mantis full roar? You can't hear yourself think with that thing.

Yes, I have. It is the single loudest B&M I have heard personally.

Youngster, Great Bear has a lovely roar as well, but Mantis is WAY louder than Bear to me. I have to raise my voice and shout at my friends near Mantis, I just have to speak slightly louder when near Bear.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

^Wow, how unnecessary.

It is quite loud I agree, especially for a new B&M.

The first drop and turn look great and then it dies <//3

rollermonkey said:
I turned up the volume and listened again. It is no louder than any of the sixty-something B&Ms I've been on.

Realize this is a recording on a camera, it really doesn't pick up the proper sound, and he's quite a distance away from the actual ride.

If it's that loud from that far away, imagine it next to the first drop.

After watching this second testing video I still think that the ride is rather pointless. I have to admit that the first drop and the overbanks look lush but the rest... meh.

oriolat2 said:
After watching this second testing video I still think that the ride is rather pointless. I have to admit that the first drop and the overbanks look lush but the rest... meh.

How is it pointless...you don't spend 28 million on something just because? You may not like it but the GP will eat this stuff up. Canada had no coasters over 300ft until now the idea of this speed and size to your average person is amazing. Though I do agree with that its dies pretty quick but don't be so fast to judge it until you've ridden it.

In terms of the actual layout, it does look a little under-whelming. That aside, with the crazy steep drop and incredible pacing around the over-bank could be one of the most intense moments in B&M history! It looks great, but it doesn't look anymore exciting than Millennium Force in my opinion.

I dont think it's THAT loud ........
its your typical loud B&M ... its not like this if the first one to be that loud ...
Now S:EFK and TOT2 ........... those are loud coasters! Lol!

And I think this looks plenty exciting!!!

B&MintaminGCI said:
New testing video shows that this thing is FLYING.

For the first 2 elements, yes, then it dies somewhat a quick death...

To be honest, I've not been excited about this coaster, at all really. I don't know why, it doesn't make me think, "Wow, that'll be amazing to ride". It's kind of just "there" in my eyes.

Canada's Wonderland has posted a POV:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x1b2FAK500[/youtube]

Sure looks smooth, and the first drop seems to go on forever!

BTW, how is this thing going to run 3 trains without stacking? The lift hill section alone must take more than a minute to clear... yet the rest of the layout takes about 50 seconds...

I must agree with UC. The pacing looks terrible, even without the trims (does anybody think they were on in that video?)...

You can really see the airtime if you look at how the water dummies move. You can clearly see that the first speed hill provides plenty of high quality air until it reaches the turn when the forces change direction - I reckon that there'll still be some OK air towards the end of it too.

And that first drop is something else!

The POV was shot on the very FIRST TEST RUN (confirmed by someone on TPR that works with the park), that's why it looks sluggish. Look at the air you're getting on it on the FIRST test run.

Now compare the offride videos of the first test run, to this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVNPlI4P5rs[/youtube]
Turn 3D off

It's hauling over the hills, especially the last camel back, it looks like that could provide ejector.

Yeah, that is much MUCH faster, but somehow I don't think it'll be that fast when operating. Is it possible they're pushing it a bit, leaving the trims off (does this have magnetic trims or not?) etc?

I'm still not sure about the airtime, it looks good, but I still can't see it'll be proper ejector...