What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Gatekeeperimmelmann_zps5277089d.jpg

love4.gif

Any word on how high that immelmann is? Could be a top 10 contender for tallest inversion....

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

The initial drop is at 170ft high, so thats the highest. Immelman looks to be about 145ish range.

Just wait until we have the corkscrew and zero-g roll go up. ZOMG.

The drop, the Immelmann, the camelback, the zero-g roll, the inclined dive loop, they will all be stellar.

Left side AINEC tbqh.

and accually does GK claim the highest inversion or just the highest =track= inversion instead?

as I have never seen anybody listing, for example, the seat rotation atop eejanaika's first loop among highest inversions, although that may well hit 200+ft.

kadabrium said:
and accually does GK claim the highest inversion or just the highest =track= inversion instead?

as I have never seen anybody listing, for example, the seat rotation atop eejanaika's first loop among highest inversions, although that may well hit 200+ft.

Eejanaika is a debated upon figure. The track itself doesnt invert, but the seats do. It is up to personal opinion, and Guiness Records recognizes it as the most inversions, but its a false title as the track itself isnt doing the inverting.

GateKeepers Twist and Dive is the Highest Inversion at 170ft, with Full Throttle getting Tallest Loop. The listings are actually on Wikipedia I believe id you want to look it up.

Re: Cedar Point |

Eejanaika is a debated upon figure. The track itself doesnt invert, but the seats do. It is up to personal opinion, and Guiness Records recognizes it as the most inversions, but its a false title as the track itself isnt doing the inverting.

GateKeepers Twist and Dive is the Highest Inversion at 170ft, with Full Throttle getting Tallest Loop. The listings are actually on Wikipedia I believe id you want to look it up.

huh? eejanaika obviously does not have the most inversions. it only has 5
at first drop, top of first loop, 2 zero-g rolls and fly to lie before the end.

and I can't see why Gatekeeper does not go for the steepest drop though. even after the twist it is still close to 180 degrees.

after all no one really cares about these derpish titles

kadabrium said:
and I can't see why Gatekeeper does not go for the steepest drop though. even after the twist it is still close to 180 degrees.
Because it's an inversion, not a drop. Whilst the track is at a gradient towards the ground, it's still an inversion and not a drop.

^^ The cars themselves invert 14 times on the ride, yet as you pointed out the track itself doesnt.

It is a controversial record.

And as Lofty said.

Intricks said:
^^ The cars themselves invert 14 times on the ride, yet as you pointed out the track itself doesnt.

It is a controversial record.

And as Lofty said.
apparently even the cars do not invert 14 times. only those 5 times ive pointed out..

You are going to be this nitpicky?

Fine, SEATS...sheesh...:roll:

In interpret tallest roller coaster inversion as the tallest physical inversion on a roller coaster. As a layout - Eejanaika and X2 have no inversions at the top of their drops, their first inversions are the immelmanns afterwards. GateKeeper meanwhile has twisting track, a physical inversion, that is taller.

What about Volcano: The Blast Coaster? The highest point of that ride would be the top inversion, some 47 metres above the ground. Pretty sure that's the current record in a "traditional" sense.

Though, it could be argued that Eejanaika still holds the "highest track inversion" record, even discarding the spin at the top of the lift. That Raven Roll is damn huge, possibly more than sixty metres tall.