What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Lofty said:
Martyn B said:
I found Kraken to be a bad coaster because of how bumpy it was. It was fun enough, but the bumpyness was horrid. It's another one of them coasters that I really wanted to like, but I just couldn't.
I'm glad someone else can agree with me on the Kraken front, it really is a bad coaster in my opinion.

I really like kraken. It may not be very forceful but it is relatively smooth and has some good airtime and is just generally a fun coaster. I know some are going to think I am crazy for saying this but I didn't notice much difference between the forcefulness of Kumba and the forcefulness of kraken

Being forceless isn't an issue for me, as it still does stuff (unlike Cheetah Hunt), it's just a bumpy ride, and when a coaster is that fast, the bumps cant be quite unpleasent. It must be to do with wear and tear, becuase Superman in Madrid was completely smooth, and an amazing coaster at that <3.

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Dragon Khan is slightly rough but I wouldn't go as far to call it a bad coaster.

No, Khan is FAR away from being deamed a "bad" coaster, it's not even that rough, a few bumps here and there, but not rough, no.

Here's me thinking I'd check in here and see what's happening with Gatekeeper since I haven't really been following it.

My mistake.

^Because we NEVER get off topic here on CF. -Looks at Djurs Sommerland thread that turned into talking about the CEO and how he looks- ;)

I'll be intrigued as to how construction will progress over the winter. We have just received our first 2 inch dumping of snow with LOTS of wind. The temperature is projected at a high of 34 fahrenheit for the next week at least.

Granted, for the most part construction can continue in cold weather. But during Maverick's construction, we saw a halt in construction due to below 0 fahrenheit wind chill. Disadvantages of working on a huge body of water.

rollermonkey said:
owenrita121 said:
Dragon Khan is a bad coaster, it's way too intence and really rough.

I'd like to know where this other Dragon Khan is, because the one in Spain is awesomesauce.

The ride quality varies highly. I rode it 5 times while in spain. The first was butter smooth. the second was not butter but it certainly wasn't rough. the third was like the first, the fourth was bad and the fifth was almost unbearable...

I was there for a week, rode Shambhala 74times, but I could only ride khan about 5times, I will say that I had one good ride in the front row, the rest of the times, it was like steel grinding against steel, way to rough and intense for my liking. The zero-g roll was what almost snapped my neck thought, got a strange little kink in it.

The airtime hill has been topped off.

Gatekeepercam11_zps9e32c518.jpg

Gatekeepercam12_zps7839ea2f.jpg

Well, in theory it should due to how high it is and the fact that there will be no trims. If that holds true though is a WHOLE other story.

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Wing riders tend to be slow through their layouts though. So I doubt there would be much airtime.

Actually, lets not do the whole will there or won't there be airtime discussion :lol:

They're making good progress in spite of the snow.

Gatekeepercam14_zps7eb3eec0.jpg

Gatekeepercam13_zpsea5d5206.jpg