What's new

Thorpe Fright Nights 2012

Awful acting but I think it's kinda creepy...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymoQB_2WzPI&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

The reviews coming in are that The Passing is awful. But you do get a death certificate at the end apparently.
Oh well. Hope they manage to improve it a bit by the time I do it.

Really? I've heard it's pretty solid but not amazing. But hopefully it'll be better by the 20th.

The people coming out last night were apparently saying it was rubbish and Thorpe Park Nerd said it was awful today as well.

Even if it is terrible I still want to do it for the certificate.

It looks a bit plain...
1350063659.jpg

But hold it under UV light and...
1350063708.jpg

You also get wristbands that glow in the dark. :)
1350065873.jpg

I didn't go in The Passing because me mum was too scared but I have to admit I was quite let down by 'opening night' of Fright Nights. There were none of the usual Halloween props around the park (the bodies scattered around Stealth, nooses around Colossus etc), none of the Halloween soundtracks were playing for the rides, there was a bit of Halloween music playing, but there wasn't much of it =/ The mazes were all very good though I felt, really upped their game from last year.

Just got bk from HHN an tbh was actually quite good. As stated before no props around the park but this has been like this for te past couple of HHN's tbh. The mazes have upped their games apart from the curse which was still dark as you like!!!

Asylum has changed route a little an extended, but alas no chainsaw dude

Experiment 10 was great as to be expected.

Didn't do saw alive as the through put was Absolutly dire

An the passing? Actually really good, some new an fresh an a epic ending.

The q's for my group were pretty much non existant, walked on to The Swarm a good few times along with nemesis inferno, stealth, an well by the end of the night pretty much every other ride.

All in all a step in the right direction, my only gripes were saw alive an the roaming actors were few an far between. But they are at the park.

Also

You do realise HHN is at Universal in Orlando, California & Singapore, right? ;)

Glad to hear you had a good night though, surprise that the queues weren't that bad either!

^^ yeah I do realize, I'm just lazy an god it easier to call it that!!! An in regards to the q's longest was 30 mins all day so not bad at all. As said previously though in regards to mazes saw had the longest an shortest through put of all mazes everything else was going quite quickly =]

I only did the Asylum maze and thought it was dire in comparison to previous years. Most of the actors weren't doing anything, just standing there and staring at us. Bit pathetic. We also didn't get the chainsaw at the end but we were waiting for others to come out and they did get the chainsaw.

There was no atmosphere in the park at all, was really pants.

The only good thing was the unleashed prisoners that were roaming the park and scaring people, they were awesome.

Chainsaw was supposedly being temperamental all night =/

An the atmosphere was Absolutly dead but it's been going down hill I the past years anyways so wasn't expecting much anyways.

But didn't really see any of the roaming actors sadly!!

I've been reading reviews of the mazes this year and the new one has been slated by just about everyone. Is it really that bad?

I thought they have to stop the chainsaw every now and then to allow the petrol fumes to clear or something. Been happening the past few years where some people get the chainsaw and others dont.

Shame about there being even less themeing around the park. It's where the UK events fail as they just see it as a waste of budget and without the mazes it's just a normal park day with a slightly later closing time.

Yeah They have to stop it sometimes for the fumes to go but was told by differnt staff an also other people that the chainsaw was acting up an all.

An totally agree about the park themeing.

An I haven't red any reviews yet of the passing my IMHO it's a great addition too the maze line up somthing differnt a as stated before a great ending (admittedly if played well by staff an actors)

For me it's only ever been a way of getting night riding done.

There has never been that much theming or effort tbh, it is what it is. I always thought Chessington made more effort.

There has been effort previously but sadly has been fadeing away for the past few years. but last night was epic for night riding, walk on for all rides ;)

also in regards to the death certificate, read spolier
you dont get it at the end of the maze but then again you are not given it at the beginning, also it is given to you by a Thorpe Park staff member in there normal uniform, try working that one out, was a little shock/nice suprise to me andthe guys i was going through with!!!

Want to visit Thorpe Fright Nights again and again and again but that damn £5 surcharge is stopping me.

I thoroughly understand it being in place for half term and even encourage it, as it cuts down crowds to an acceptable level... But just seems unfair the rest of the time. And it makes multiple trips not financially viable. It's a little silly of them, as the spending on park is of greater earning than the £5 they'd get on the gate. Especially seen as annual pass holders are more likely to eat at Merlin's own brand foot outlets in search of a discount.

That said, the park was disappointingly un-halloweeny yesterday. I dunno if they are ill prepared and there's more to come? And the new fright night announcements were all terrible. Scarlet was offended by Detonator's and Rush's was just stupid. There was no halloween atmosphere. I don't like mazes, so I can't comment there, but Fright Nights should be about way more than mazes.

So why do I want to go back? Swarm. Swarm, Swarm, Swarm. That is all. Just Swarm.

The free roaming actors were pretty awesome, though. I'm surprised they have so much freedom to chase people. They were hilarious to watch, especially in the Dome at the end of the day. It really left us on a high.

In regards to the chainsaw, it's not just about petrol fumes, it'll also be the fact that chainsaws are temperamental pieces of **** sometimes. They're an absolute nightmare to handle and can flood the engine VERY quickly.

I'm surprised they use a real chainsaw at all. Is it just without the blade on it?

I assumed that maybe only certain staff are trained to handle it. So with breaks and switching and stuff it would leave a gap in the time it's used.

Either way, the chainsaw is clearly the highlight of that maze. The spectator event of people tumbling out of the exit is awesome.