What's new

Thorpe Park | Derren Brown's Ghost Train | VR Attraction

Re: Thorpe Park construction?

A woodie would not surprise me and I personally think if it will happen anywhere it'll be Thorpe, but my bet was a hyper.

I certainly believe a hyper was on the cards once upon a time. But then, so was wood. We've seen plans for one. Several people had heard rumours about a hyper from various sources.

Now, though, I'm betting on a couple of family rides instead of one major one. I'm not sure how I feel either way, but a decent 1.2m coaster would be ideal. Only prob at Thorpe is capacity. See, when you have so many BIG coasters, whatever has the lowest height restriction will, if any good, have the largest queues (Spinball...) because smaller height restricted coasters have capacity. Thorpe have got themselves in a pickle. They need something akin to Thirteen, really.

Just found an interesting update. Remember all the news that the Arena was being measured up? Well the My Bloody Valentine fright nights maze has now been moved out of the arena and next to swarm. (according to Thorpe's website) Anyone else think this could be for a potential ride next year in the arena? I doubt it will be a coaster if it's next year, but it's interesting never the less.

^ We've discussed this on TPM and we think it'll be in the marquee. One member said they asked a 'staff member' and they said the website was incorrect, but I doubt it!

Hopefully they'll do away with containers if they do relocate it!

Ethan said:
^ We've discussed this on TPM and we think it'll be in the marquee. One member said they asked a 'staff member' and they said the website was incorrect, but I doubt it!

Hopefully they'll do away with containers if they do relocate it!

Ooh that would be awesome if it were in the marquee! Yeah I think it's likely to be correct, after all every things pointing at something happening to the arena.

^ Is it?

I'm not doubting you haha, I just haven't seen anything! I know they were marking trees behind Inferno but that could be for Blair Witch or anything!

^ Ha I don't know I thought I saw on TPM that there were people surveying and measuring the arena. The fact MBV is moving almost suggests it has to move because they're using the arena for something else. Though the tree's being marked behind Inferno is convincing as anything for a potential new ride site.

Been mentioned on TPM, since everyone seems to be using it as the fact-house for anything Thorpe related...

They can't really outfit the marquee since it's used for Hospitality Events... MBV will be back in the middle of the arena in it's shipping containers looking **** before we know it...

^Weirdly, I did notice that the shipping containers had disappeared during the rest of the season this year. I swear they usually just leave them there?

^ I thought they sometimes did little stunt shows and things in there during the summer? I don't know if they've done one in a while though.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Been mentioned on TPM, since everyone seems to be using it as the fact-house for anything Thorpe related...

I don't think anyone is, but they do have more connections in TPM, and it's a nicer forum than CF nowadays :(

I'll like to see a Hyper steel, twister woodie or Hybrid coaster (with a Vertical Loop & Cobra Roll) built. :--D

This could be the new coaster area as a bridge has been added.

http://i.imgur.com/SqeOduL.jpg

Could be some markers:

Interesting I thought that was the bit that connected to stealths queue line.

Quick update, it turns out My Bloody Valentine being cited as being next to swarm was a mistake after all. The website has now changed to "in the arena" as usual. Ha, they almost had me excited there!

Don't know if anyone has seen the Thorpe Park survey that's just been put out on Facebook, but don't go hoping for anything major next year. Considering the survey is entitled 2015 planning survey, thats pretty worrying they haven't sorted anything out yet... But it looks like they've got a heavy IP focus, they were asking about films, tv shows and games. Also notice how the IP's all seem to have an adult focus. Awww Thorpe, did Angry Birds land not go to plan?

All I am saying is, here's waiting for The Ru Pauls Drag Race Experience at Thorpe Park! :)

tumblr_n16ktyqY7s1s2n4poo1_400.gif

Ha oh god... That's not good! I must say I am genuinely surprised by the lack of Doctor Who on there. sure it's not an adult IP, but it's a very popular one that would work well in the context of a ride.

Haha, did a 15 year old make that survey?

I love how the Hobbit is on there, not even Disney or Universal can get LOTR licence.

I've just done the survey. Good luck to them trying to get licenses for X Men and Spiderman because Marvel and Disney would charge them a **** fortune. For the question which asked "What other experiences would you like", I answered with "an RMC coaster".

peep said:
Haha, did a 15 year old make that survey?

I love how the Hobbit is on there, not even Disney or Universal can get LOTR licence.

Ha exactly! I didn't even do that well in my Marketing Research module last year at uni, and I could come up with a far better survey than that!