What's new

Thorpe Park | Derren Brown's Ghost Train | VR Attraction

Re: Thorpe Park construction?

I really want to ride the Orange Is The New Black coaster or Breaking Bad: The Ride.

Theme the cars to RVs filled with meth <3

Ben said:
I really want to ride the Orange Is The New Black coaster or Breaking Bad: The Ride.

Theme the cars to RVs filled with meth <3

Now that would be something I'll see and doc who.

Ben said:
^That doesn't make sense.

He is saying that an Orange Is The New Black or a Breaking Bad themed ride would be something he would like and that a Dr Who ride would also be good.

I think a Breaking Bad themed attraction would be good and attract fans of the show, but a Dr Who attraction would probably make more money because it would attract the families.

^ You're an idiot.

Doctor Who Hyper is ridiculous. Sorry. I'm praying for Ben's Breaking Bad idea <3

Ethan said:
Doctor Who Hyper is ridiculous.

As ridiculous as theming the UK's most intense drop tower to Angry Birds? ;)

In all seriousness I understand what you're saying, a hyper wouldn't need an IP. The scale of the ride would sell it alone.

^ Plus Hyper coasters are too big to theme.
I really don't see Doctor Who coming to Thorpe Park, the show is awful nowadays anyway.

This picture surfaced today of Thorpe clearing out the Fungle Safari area.

10177430_352416701593466_4299823595374802064_n.jpg

Somewhere for a new ride to go I hope.

I heard a rumour that the new maze, Studio 13, has an outside section. Probably false, but hey.
Maybe they're putting the queue for the maze there so that it doesn't block the path?

I heard the same rumour as Ethan, they've been storing wood in there for a while now, saw it a week or so ago.

I'm not sure where that pic is taken from but if it's at the back of the old site then you may be onto something.

Now there's rumours that they're clearing land for a dark ride for 2016.
I can't see it but hey ho.

Were there not some rumors a while back about a Sub Terra clone at Thorpe? The space they are clearing is next to Inferno, its definitely a possibility. Saying that it could well just be for Fright Nights, time will tell!

^ a drop dark ride wouldn't be a good fit for Thorpe imo, especially a clone of a ride that isn't that popular.
Detonator is so good that it would not only get shot down by enthusiasts but also by the GP.
Someone on TT(I think) is adamant that it's a dark ride for 2016 and that it would be on the main island, this area could be it.

^ Yes, it's not an acquisition of Thorpe and is still owned by The London Dungeon, they just use the storage from Thorpe.

Vengeance might be one of the worst rides ever made, they don't want that piece of crap.