What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Pokemaniac said:
Quotes may be taken out of context for the sake of humour. Don't take it personally, unless you're the Eeyore, in which case you sort of asked for it.

What did I do that wasn't just sum up what other people are saying...?

UC said:
It's going to have meager floater, if that.

I don't know what you're talking about with the water dummies, but it's not really an indication of anything. That speed hill is too drawn out for any decent air. Anyone with eyes and who has ridden one of these can see that.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that the laws of physics are different for humans than they are for water dummies, just because they float doesn't mean that we will. My mistake.

Ben said:
Pokemaniac said:
Quotes may be taken out of context for the sake of humour. Don't take it personally, unless you're the Eeyore, in which case you sort of asked for it.

What did I do that wasn't just sum up what other people are saying...?

Asked for a custom title that opened lots of room for equine-based jokes. Some of them are rather bad.

^ I can see your point.
But seriously, can we not all see that it is testing faster than the general B&M Hyper?
Its not to the point, where we would get crazy ejector air .... of course not, B&M dont do quite that ....
But seriously, I have watched B&M Hypers run their course so many freaking times ..... and you have to see that Leviathan is running a bit faster than the others ....
as of now that is.
I'm just seeing its going faster off of a couple testing videos ... but who knows if they might slow it down later?

Overall, I'm not saying the airtime is going to be crazy and have very high G's .....
I'm just saying that it does look like its testing at the moment, faster than any other B&M Hyper.

edit: I was going back through the pages, and I didn't see that anyone had posted a POV of the ride.
Well if someone did, my bad, but anyways, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi5MOtsl ... re=related

Apparently, this POV was filmed on the first test run and was slower than the testing now....

Well of course not, anything like I305!!
That thing is just insane.

Perhaps its the videos, but does it not seem that the trains (regardless of the size of the hills and banks), are going through them slightly faster?
Like, just a bit faster ....

Im referring to this video ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVNPlI4P ... re=related

It just looks slightly faster to me for some reason (not in general, because yes of course it is faster), but I mean it seems to go through the layout faster than comparison to the other B&M Hypers.
Again, I dont think its going to have 'ejector' airtime - it just seems to me that it will have something more than the usual floater.

UC said:
So for anyone looking for anything other than standard floater, sorry. This ride will have all of two hills of floater, and you may get a slight feeling - if you're lucky - on that speed hill.
The two airtime hills will provide air, but beyond that I should throw in the first drop, and maybe a slight pop going into the brakes. I would also like to add that the speed fill does have some air...
ZpsoI.jpg

If I am not mistaken, the "bunny hop" on Millennium Force (comparable to Leviathan's high speed hill) is one of the few places on the ride to feel any air. Would it not hold the same for Leviathan?

The forces will be the same. That was confirmed the moment the hills were built, and you could see the modified parabolas at the top (to counter their height - same reason Ka's and TTD's apex are a little sharper than those of the 200' versions).
I won't comment on the forces being the same, we had that discussion quite a few pages back. Though, I will comment on the apex of the hills. I got the opposite impression from the second airtime hill, looks to be a bit drawn out opposed to a tight apex. Also, based on the POV, the second airtime hill seems to be pretty good for air, as the dummies are not "bouncing" around- they are against the restraints. Though that May not be the best analysis, as it is running faster now...
9wMPZ.jpg

Dam, you are one bothered guy ... Lol!
I do basically agree with you UC .... it's going to be basically the same as all the other B&M Hyper's ....
but not as much airtime hills obviously and just other stuff ....

I have to say. I don't always agree with you UC, but I respect your opinion. Your arguments are always thought through. However I really think we have to wait and before we say something that is absolute. 99% chance you are right and its normal B&M forces, but nothing is absolute.

Am I the only one who think the floater on this will be better than general ejector air? Those hills are pretty long, so I can imagine whatever floaty goodness is on those hills is sustained for a good amount of time.

Other than that, the ride looks very graceful and smooth. I think it's going to be a winner, but that's must my thought, not yours.

^ I was thinking this as well. I feel that the floater air on this will probably be almost the same amount that you receive on Millennium Force simply because the ride has roughly all of the same elements just in a different order.

It makes me laugh that people are saying "the ride will feel like THIS, and will have precisely THIS much airtime, and you will come off feeling this THIS" when they haven't even ridden it. Yeah, granted you can sort of predict airtime by the hills, but I've been pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised before; Intimidator at Carowinds was utter crap, and Behemoth was amazing, yet they both look exactly the same as far as the layout and shape of the hills goes.

I agree about it probably being much like Millennium Force in terms of its layout...definitely wouldn't be surprised if it rides similarly as well...

I haven't ridden Behemoth yet, but I will be this summer, but I personally found Intimidator to give an incredibly varied ride as dependent on the weather. Cold seems to cause the trims to slip and give and amazing ride while hot just makes the ride boring and forceless.

So talk all you want about how the "experience" will be, because you'll be feeling the same forces as you would on any one of their straight-across seating B&M Hypers.

Well, mathematically they might be the same, but I know for sure that rides can vary from day to day, and from what I've experience, Behemoth has some pretty mean airtime whereas I've had rides on Diamondback and Intimidator that were absolute crap.

^ What did you seriously expect?
Every ride has probably been ridden by staff before it opens to the public for the 'official' ride.
You'll never really be the first to ride, unless you are an water dummy.

They installed some of the track lights for night time riding. I can't wait to ride this thing at night, Behemoth is twice as good in the dark with the spot lights <3

IMG_2077.JPG